APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP and UNION MEMBERSHIP DEDUCTION AUTHORISATION FORM “A”
I, the undersigned, wish to become a member of the Academic and Professional Staff Association. I hereby
authorise the employer to deduct, on a monthly basis, from my salary the amount determined by the Association
at its Annual General Meeting.
AANSOEK OM LIDMAATSKAP en VAKBOND LIDMAATSKAP AFTREKKING MAGTIGING FORM
Ek, die ondergetekende, doen hiermee aansoek om lidmaatskap van die Akademiese en Professionele Personeel
Vereniging. Ek magtig die wergewer om, op ‘n maandelikse basis, die bedrag soos vasgestel deur die Vereniging
op sy Jaarlikse Algemene Vergadering, van my salaris af te trek.
Please download a joining form if you wish to manually join, click here
Benefits of being the member of APSA:
- Being informed of your rights as an employee;
- APSA will negotiate and bargain for you regarding salaries and conditions of employment in the UBF;
- APSA will represent your interest in committees and in other forums as they present themselves;
- if you require representation in grievance and or disciplinary hearings, APSA will appoint a fellow employee to assist you, in consultation with you (union and member will decide jointly);
- APSA will attempt to assist in any work related conflict that you may become involved in;
- APSA will assist you in addressing any dissatisfaction relating to your work and work experience and if you require it, and it is deemed necessary, the best possible legal advice will be obtained.